Web Server Monitor
Web servers are perhaps the most commonly used server software products. AppPerfect Monitor provides support for several popular web/HTTP server products.
Apache HTTP Server
AppPerfect Monitor provides with a monitor to monitor the Apache HTTP server and the Microsoft IIS server. It uses the mod_status module, a simple Apache module that is deployed in the server and used to monitor its performance and state of the server . It uses Apache API and can monitor the number of active requests, total requests, and bytes transferred.
There are separate monitors to provide support for both the 1.3 and 2 versions of the Apache server. You should use the appropriate version depending on the installation of the server that you want to monitor. There are several attributes that can be monitored using the apache monitor and these are described below.
AppPerfect's Web Server Monitor can monitor the following individual attributes of the Apache HTTP Server.
- Total Accesses: This attribute provides information on the total number of hits on the Apache HTTP Server.
- Total Traffic: The attribute for Total Traffic displays information about the total bytes sent and received by the Apache HTTP Server.
- Requests per Second: The Requests per Second attribute provides information about the speed at which the requests are received.
- Bytes per Second: This attribute displays information about the speed at which the server sends the information.
- Bytes per Request: The Byte per Request attribute display the number of bytes sent by the Apache HTTP Server per request.
- No of Busy Workers: This attribute displays the number of threads currently processed at a given time.
- No of Idle Workers:This attribute displays the number of threads idle at a given time.
- CPU Load: The CPU Load attribute provides information about the total CPU time consumed by the Apache HTTP Server.
Microsoft IIS Server
AppPerfect's IIS Server Monitor can monitor the following individual attributes of the Microsoft's IIS Server. Microsoft IIS Server uses the PDH (Performance Data Helper) library. All attributes available for monitoring through this library are available in AppPerfect Monitor Console.
- Internet Information Services Global :
- File Cache Hits: This attribute shows the number of file cache hits.
- File Cache Flushes: This attribute shows the number of file cache flushes.
- File Cache Hit Rate: This attribute shows the file cache hit rate.
- Web Services
- CGI Requests/sec: This shows the rate at which CGI requests are received per second.
- ISAPI Extension Requests/sec: This is the ISAPI Extension Request rate per second.
- Get Requests/sec: This is the rate at which Get Requests are received, per second.
- Post Requests/sec: This is the rate at which Post requests are received per second.
- Maximum Connections: This indicates the maximum connections.
- Total Connection Attempts: This indicates the total connection attempts to the server.
- Active Server Pages
- ASP Requests/sec: This is the rate at which ASP requests are received.
- ASP Requests Executing: This is the rate at which ASP requests are executed.
- ASP Request Wait Time: This is the time for which ASP requests have to wait on the server.
- ASP Request Execution Time: This is the time taken to execute ASP requests.
- ASP Requests Queued: This is the number of ASP requests that are queued.
Note: A number of dynamic attributes are also available.