What is Big Data?
Big Data is a term for the data that is too large, complex and dynamic for any traditional data tools to capture, store, manipulate, manage and analyze. Basically, Big Data is the massive amount of structured and unstructured data that is too large. Today, Big data is being generated by us in every second. Every digital process and social media produce it and mobile devices or other digital system transmit it. To extract significant value from big data, you need optimal processing power and analytics capabilities. At this time you need Big Data Solutions.
How is Big Data different from Traditional data?
The strange thing about big data is that there is no size/parametric cut off to decide whether the data is “Big Data” or not. Big data can be described by the following characteristics.
1. Volume: Today, Organizations collect data from a variety of sources, including business transactions, social media, and other sources. This data may be in terabytes. If you are using traditional tools then with increasing data, you will need to leave some data without analyzing. As data size increases further you will leave more and more data without analysis. Therefore it is a sure sign that you are dealing with bigger data than what your system supports.
2. Variety: The volume is just a trailer, the real film is variety. Variety makes it very difficult for the conventional tools. With the structured data, traditional tools work best. However, the flood of data coming from text documents, email, video, audio, stock ticker data and financial transactions are unstructured data.
3. Velocity: Data flows in at an unusual speed and must be bought in a timely manner. RFID tags, sensors, and smart metering are driving the need to deal with floods of data in near-real time. So, if you are unable to analyze data at a speed faster than its inflow, you might need a big data solution.
However, if you are facing a hurdle with all three Vs – then take my advice, you are dealing with “big data”.
When do you need Big Data Solutions?
If above three Vs satisfy, then you need big data solutions. Following are situations where big data solutions are more suitable:
1. When you are dealing with huge structured, semi-structured or unstructured data from multiple sources.
2. You will need to analyze all the data you received.
3. The process is iterative in nature (e.g. Searches on Google, Facebook graph search).
Big Data Solutions with AppPerfect.
Big Data solutions at AppPerfect include Big Data implementation, optimization, analytics and Custom Big Data solution. For the faster processing of your Big Data, AppPerfect provides optimization services which give an optimized algorithm and minimal resource utilization for your data analytic tools.
AppPerfect’s Big Data Analytics services help organizations to process a large amount of complex data and visualize it to meaningful and user readable form. AppPerfect provides Hadoop-based big data analytics platform and real-time analytics for better decision making to its clients.
So if you are looking into the best Big Data Services around the globe then, please get in touch with us or contact at support@AppPerfect.com or visit the website www.AppPerfect.com and have a live chat with the support team.