Also referred to as Performance Testing or Stress Testing involves simulating heavy user load to ensure your application or Web site can handle it effectively. AppPerfect experts utilize the AppPerfect Web Load Test product to build sophisticated tests to ensure you can go live with confidence. We can fully automate the testing to make it a part of your process. We can help analyze results and pin-point problem areas.
Success of most web or database applications, specially the ones related to e-commerce highly depends on its performance and response time when multiple users access it simultaneously. An application with high response time and poor performance can lead to huge problems. Load Testing helps in identifying the performance problems before you deploy your application for end users. Load Testing helps you design and simulate usage traffic which can be used to test your application infrastructure for performance, reliability and scalability.
Load Testing is a process to design and simulate usage traffic which can be used to test your application infrastructure for performance, reliability and scalability. Load Testing of applications involves testing the performance and scalability of your application with varying user load. Load testing involves simulating real-life user load for the target application. It helps you determine how your application behaves when multiple users hits it simultaneously. Load testing with different load strategies and conditions helps you determine software design issues like incorrect concurrency/pooling mechanism, poor optimization, memory build-up, etc. Load Testing helps you identify server configuration issues with Web server, application server, database server, load balancer, etc. Load Testing helps you detect if your current infrastructure is sufficient to meet your user demand. Load Testing helps you determine the peak user load your application can sustain, number of concurrent users your application can support, and whether or not your application will scale as more users access it.
Most developers face the following questions when designing a server-based multi-user system:
- Do you know the number of concurrent users that your application can safely support?
- Will your application scale as more users access it?
- Do you know how long it would take a visitor to receive a page?
- Do you know the load point where your server crashes?
- Is your current hardware sufficient to meet your predicted demand? If no, what additional hardware would you need?
Load Testing can help you identify a variety of problems before you go into production:
- Software design issues (incorrect concurrency/pooling mechanism, poor optimization, memory build-up, etc.)
- Server configuration issues (Web server, application server, database server, load balancer, etc.)
- Hardware limitation issues (Excessive disk I/O, CPU maximization, memory limitations, network bottleneck, etc.)
AppPerfect's load testing services help you with following:
- Identify which component failed in production environment and whys
- Running continues automated tests in production to ensure functionality of each component is good
- Continues processing results and visulization, identifying problem areas.