- Key Features
Test Automation and Management System
The AppPerfect Test Manager is a Test Automation and Management System. It is designed for users implementing various AppPerfect Web application testing and Java development products. It has a central server with a Web-based UI for accessing various modules in the server. AppPerfect Test Manager consists of following main modules:
- Projects Manager:This module is used to define your application/project in Test Manager. Create a project with as much details as possible. Define your team members, project leader etc. You can define various keywords for your application. These keywords are helpful in searching your project.
- Requirements Manager: This module is used to create requirement specifications around which your tests will be designed and executed. Functional, business, performance, technical and usability requirements should be defined here to ensure the tests cover all defined criteria.
- Test Manager: Once tests have been designed, the Test Manager can be used to manage the execution of your tests. Automatically running tests on a specific schedule, notification of test results, saving of test results, etc. can be defined in this module.
- Results Manager: Once results for your various tests have run a few iterations, the Results Manager can be used to manage the archived results. Trend Analysis of multiple results to detect key quality trends is a key feature of this module. Storage management can also be performed via this module.
- Bugs Manager: As tests are run, bugs such as defects, enhancements, modifications, etc. will occur. This module can be used to create and track such issues. This module is designed as a light-weight bugs manager that seamlessly integrates with the rest of the server and is not intended to replace full-featured bugs management system.
AppPerfect Test Manager is a central server where information can be shared by all developers, QA personnel and managers using its Web-based UI. It provides seamless integration with various AppPerfect tools (Load Test, Web Test, App Test, Java Code Test and Java Unit Test).
The AppPerfect Test Manager provides a central data store where test requirement, AppPerfect project, project/test execution result, bug gets stored. It integrates tasks such as requirement specification, test planning, test execution, result analysis and bug tracking into one application to help you manage and control testing of your applications.
- Supports Entire Testing Process: The AppPerfect Test Manager supports entire testing process starting from requirements gathering and management; test/project creation, scheduling, and executing tests; issues management; in a easy to use Web-based UI.
- Web-based UI: The AppPerfect Test Manager uses a three-tier application architecture with a pure Web-based user interface. The UI is intuitive and easy to use. No need to install large applications or applets to be able to manage your testing process. With only a browser and Web access, you can easily and seamlessly keep track of your applications testing.
- Informative reports: AppPerfect Test Manager provides powerful, real-time, informative and accurate reports that help you trace problems that might be present in the system. Reports are typically used to analyze data that spans over a period of time. AppPerfect provides you with extensive reporting capability. You can customize and generate reports that provide you information that is tailor made to your requirements. It allows you to leverage existing content in several formats. Reports can be generated as HTML, PDF, CSV and XLS formats.
- Scheduling of tests: You can schedule your tests with the AppPerfect Test Manager. You do not have to be physically present to start the test. The whole process is automated so you can schedule a test to run in the night and have a look at the results the next day and then correct any errors found by the test. You can schedule tests to run using AppPerfect Load Test, AppPerfect Web Test, AppPerfect App Test, AppPerfect Java Code Test and AppPerfect Java Unit Test products. Apart from scheduling of tests you can also schedule any custom batch or executable file.
- Notification of results: You can configure AppPerfect Server to notify results using Email or custom notification mechanism. In case of Email notification you can specify whether you want results as attachment and AppPerfect will export the results as HTML file and send the same as attachment with the mail.
- Trend Analysis: AppPerfect Test Manager provides a functionality of Trend Analysis to generate trend reports using various results of your application. This utility takes multiple result files and generates trend charts and reports based on the data found.