- Key Features
- IDE Integration
AppPerfect Load Test is a fully Automated Load Test, Stress Test and Performance Test Solution that is easy to use and cost effective. Most application performance and stability issues arise only when the server is stressed with a high user load. AppPerfect Web Load Test helps you design and simulate thousands of users in a realistic manner which can be used to load test your application infrastructure for performance, reliability and scalability.
AppPerfect Load Test is designed to answer vital questions such as:
- Do you know the number of concurrent users/requests your application can support ?
- Is your current infrastructure sufficient to meet your user demand ?
- Will your application scale as more users access it ?
- How does your application's response time change as number of users increase ?
- Does your Web application perform the same after 96 hours of deployment as it did after 4 hours ?
AppPerfect Load Test can help you identify a variety of problems before you go into production:
- Software design issues (incorrect concurrency/pooling mechanism, poor optimization, memory build-up, etc.)
- Server configuration issues (Web server, application server, database server, load balancer, etc.)
- Hardware limitation issues (Excessive disk I/O, CPU maximization, memory limitations, network bottleneck, etc.)
AppPerfect Load Test is easy to use with no programming required. It provides a unique view of the target machine with integrated Load Testing, Stress Testing and Performance Testing parameters such as response time and hit count along with monitoring of system resources such as CPU, disk, network and memory.
Comparison with Other Load Test Products
|Feature||AppPerfect LoadTest||JMeter||The Grinder||Load Runner||NeoLoad|
|Pricing||Free for unlimited use||Open Source||Open Source||Approx $100000 for 500 virtual users||Approx $15000 for 500 virtual users|
|Platform Compatibility||Compatible with Windows, Mac, Solaris and UNIX based systems||Compatible with Windows, Mac and UNIX based systems||Compatible with Windows, Mac and UNIX based systems||Compatible with Windows, Mac and UNIX based systems||Compatible with Windows, Mac and UNIX based systems|
Customizable for any other protocol
|Number of Virtual Users Supported||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Depends on the Licence||Depends on the Licence|
|GUI||Full, Intuitive UI; Stand Alone Application, Console based execution supported||Full||Console Only||Full||Full|
|Test Recorder||HTTP/HTTPS||HTTP||TCP (including HTTP)||HTTP||HTTP|
|Record and Replay capabilities||Recording a test with AppPerfect Load Test is as easy as browsing your application. It has Sophisticated record and replay capabilities.||Complex scenario cannot be recorded using JMeter thread group.||Sophisticated record and replay capabilities||Sophisticated record and replay capabilities||Sophisticated record and replay capabilities|
|Supported Parameter types||The value of parameters can be fixed values, calculated values, imported from a database, CSV or pass-through values.||The value of parameters can be fixed values or CSV.||The value of parameters can be fixed values or flat files.||The value of parameters can be fixed values, files or tables||The value of parameters can be fixed values, files or tables|
|Reporting||CSV, HTML, PDF, XLS, XML formats with tables are graphs views.||CSV, XML (Limited reporting features)||Console||HTML, word||PDF, XML, HTML|
|Support for Cross Browser Testing||Yes, With easy GUI||Its very tough to simulate multiple browsers||No||Its very tough to simulate multiple browsers||No|
|Ease of Use||Simple to use, No programming needed||Moderate||Moderate||Moderate||Moderate|
|Host monitoring||Yes, inbuilt support in product, No external plugin needed.||Third party plugin needed||No||Yes||yes|
|Advanced Technology||Supports Browser Simulation, Network bandwidth throttling and IP Spoofing||None||None||IP Spoofing||IP Spoofing|
|Test Automation & Management||Comprehensive support for end to end automation and test management including requirements, tests, issues, execution, scheduling, notification, automated reports, integration with build||None||None||Partial||Partial|
|Support and Enhancements||24*7 Customer support available. Customized requirements / enhancements can be implemented through low-cost, high-value professional services.||There is no guarantee of support or further enhancements since it is open source.||There is no guarantee of support or further enhancements since it is open source.||Slow support||Lack of techinal support|
|Limitations||None, Completely free for unlimited usage.||Complex scenario cannot be recorded using JMeter thread group.||
Python knowledge required for test development & editing
Reports are very plain and brief
|Very high licensing cost||
Very high licensing cost
Lack of technical support
- Browser recording: Recording a test with AppPerfect Load Test is as easy as browsing your application. AppPerfect recorder automatically records all the tasks you perform with your web application. There is no need to learn any proprietary scripting language. All web browsers are supported for recording, including Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox and Safari.
- GUI based editing of tests: AppPerfect Load Test provides user friendly UI which is easy to use and allows you to edit your existing load test as well as add new URLs and parameters to the load test. You can quickly modify your load tests and easily build on the Test Cases as and when additional functionality is added to your products
- Parameterized Load Tests: In real world scenario, for any Web-based application, the pages that are requested are not all static. In fact, most of the pages accept some parameters as input and then correspondingly show the appropriate customized content. Parameterized load tests feed these parameters automatically to the request and thus help simulate a more realistic usage environment.
- Response Validation: With AppPerfect Web Load/Performance Tester, you can validate the responses received for a URL request with the AppPerfect Load Tester. You can customize what constitutes a valid or invalid response for an URL request. Response codes can be included to constitute valid or erroneous responses.
- Multiple run strategies: AppPerfect Web Load/Performance Tester supports five different types of strategies, that help you determine the breaking point of your application, and how it recovers after being stressed to some level. Each of the strategies determines how the requests are fired and what is the load applied on the server being tested.
- Distributed Load Testing: You can distribute load generation on multiple machines and can control all of them from one central machine. At the end of the test, AppPerfect will aggregate and present test result of the entire test as well as for individual machines.
- Database Load Tests support: In addition to supporting Web application load testing, AppPerfect also supports load testing for most databases using JDBC.
- Support for Web security: With AppPerfect Web Load Test you can Load test URLs that require basic authentication, as well as those using HTTPS by allowing the configuration of the SSL Provider. It also handles the sending of cookies with the appropriate requests and supports URL rewriting if your application uses it. Two way SSL authentication is also supported.
- Advanced Technology: Support for advanced technologies such as Browser Simulation, Network bandwidth throttling and IP Spoofing.
- Informative and User friendly reports: AppPerfect Load Test provides comprehensive reports that help you identify failure points of the load test. These reports can be viewed in the UI or exported to HTML, PDF CSV, XLS, XML etc.
- Scheduling and Notification: You can automate your performance testing by scheduling them using the Test Manager product. You can also use the Notifications manager module of the Test Manager product to send an email, SMS or file notification when a test is complete.
- Server Monitoring: AppPerfect can monitor your target applications and servers using a sophisticated agentless monitoring architecture so you can co-relate your results with your server behavior. Monitor key system resources such as CPU, disk, network and memory.
- Load Testing a Web application/Server
- Distributed Load Testing
- Parameterizing a Load Test
- Validating a Load Test
- Monitoring Server during Load Testing
- How dynamic parameters are handled?
- Ajax application Load Testing
- Flash application Load Testing
- Load Testing Java API
- Load Testing a SOAP WebService