AppPerfect offers following products for complete and comprehensive solution for testing and monitoring the performance of your application. These products that are designed to help you test your application throughout the development life-cycle.
AppPerfect Load Test: AppPerfect Load Test is a stress/load testing tool that can simulate hundreds of virtual users from a single machine. Load Test supported site recording, dynamic variable substitution, cookies support, session tracking, SSL support and run strategies. It can run tests based on a variety of strategies such as burst, incremental, exponential, quadratic or loop. It also provides you a comprehensive solution to monitor various attributes of various operating systems present in your application infrastructure.
AppPerfect Web Test: AppPerfect Web Test performs regression and functional testing of your Web applications. Performing manual functional testing by having a person sit and manually click away at the application is extremely expensive and error-prone. AppPerfect Web Test provides the means to perform such labor-intensive activity in an automated manner.
AppPerfect App Test: AppPerfect App Test performs regression and functional testing of your Windows/Desktop applications. Performing manual functional testing by having a person sit and manually click away at the application is extremely expensive and error-prone. AppPerfect App Test provides the means to perform such labor-intensive activity in an automated manner.
AppPerfect Test Studio: Since version 10.5 AppPerfect Test Studio has been split into 3 products. a) AppPerfect Load Test, b) AppPerfect Web Test and c) AppPerfect App Test.
AppPerfect Test Manager: AppPerfect Test Manager is central server with a Web-based UI for accessing various modules in the server. AppPerfect Test Manager consists of following modules:
- Projects Manager: This module is used to configure user projects in to Test Manager. These user projects are then associated with actual tests or requirements in other modules.
- Requirements Manager: This module is used to create requirement specifications around which your tests will be designed and executed. Functional, business, performance, technical and usability requirements should be defined here to ensure the tests cover all defined criteria.
- Test/Schedule Manager: Once tests have been designed, the Test Manager can be used to manage the execution of your tests. Automatically running tests on a specific schedule, notification of test results, saving of test results, etc. can be defined in this module.
- Results/Reports Manager: Once results for your various tests have run a few iterations, the Results Manager can be used to manage the archived results. Trend Analysis of multiple results to detect key quality trends is a key feature of this module. Storage management can also be performed via this module.
- Bugs Manager: As tests are run, bugs such as defects, enhancements, modifications, etc. will occur. This module can be used to create and track such bugs. This module is designed as a light-weight bugs manager that seamlessly integrates with the rest of the server and is not intended to replace full-featured bugs management system.
AppPerfect Agentless Monitor: AppPerfect Agentless Monitor is an agentless, Web-based monitoring solution. It helps you monitor your applications and the underlying system resources. The AppPerfect Agentless Monitor consists of:
- AppPerfect Monitor: A pure Web-based solution that helps you monitor your application infrastructure. Provides a rules engine to define alerts: a notification server for email and SMS notifications. Also includes a powerful report designer to create custom reports to analyze and understand the performance data.
- AppPerfect Monitors: A series of modules designed to support specific devices. AppPerfect Monitor does not use the traditional agents-based approach to monitoring. Apart from being expensive, agents-based approach is also highly complex and error-prone. AppPerfect Monitors are designed to impose negligible overhead on the monitored system. These monitors are superbly optimized programs providing the maximum amount of information while imposing the lowest possible overhead.
Currently, the following devices are supported:
- Java/J2EE App Servers (Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.)
- Operating Systems Resources (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- Databases (Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, DB2, Sybase)
- Web Servers (Apache HTTP Server, MS IIS)
- SNMP Monitors (v1, v2 and v3)
- Ping Monitor (Device heartbeat monitor)
- Mail Server (MS Exchange)
- Log File Monitor
- URL Monitor
AppPerfect Java Code Test: AppPerfect Java Code Test reads your software code and analyzes it for optimization, errors, coding conventions, complexity and style based on industry-standard rules. Over 750 pre-defined, high-value rules can be applied to your code. AppPerfect Java Code Test is an ideal tool to perform code reviews on an on-going basis to ensure high quality of code.
AppPerfect Java Unit Test is a feature-rich wrapper for the popular JUnit and HtmlUnit testing frameworks for non-web and web-based Java projects respectively. It provides the Java programmer with an easy to use and fully customizable unit-testing environment, which can be integrated with popular Java IDEs as well as the project's build process.
AppPerfect Java Profiler profiles a Java Virtual Machine to assist you in understanding the behavior of your application as it performs its functions. AppPerfect Java Profiler recognizes that your application does not operate in a vacuum and hence provides a unique blend of Java information combined with operating system information.
AppPerfect DevTest4J: Since version 10.5 AppPerfect DevTest4J has been split into 3 products. a) AppPerfect Java Code Test, b) AppPerfect Java Unit Test and c) AppPerfect Java Profiler.