AppPerfect Agentless Monitor Server
Your Web application must be available 24/7. If it ever goes down, how will you know ? Better yet, what if it could warn of impending trouble before it goes down ? What if it could communicate with you in a variety of mediums so you are always on top of things, no matter where you are ?
AppPerfect Agentless Monitor was designed to answer these fundamental questions. AppPerfect Agentless Monitor is a new generation of monitoring products that do not follow the legacy agents-based approach to monitoring. Unlike most other monitoring systems which require heavy downloads, massive installation / configuration and client-side software, AppPerfect Agentless Monitor is a 100% server-based software which can be accessed from anywhere via a Web browser. Furthermore, with AppPerfect Agentless Monitor, there is no need for intrusive and expensive agents to be installed on the monitored devices. AppPerfect Agentless Monitor will use existing services available on the device to remotely monitor the device. AppPerfect Agentless Monitor is easy to use and can be installed in minutes, not days or weeks that many other legacy systems require.
At the heart of AppPerfect Agentless Monitor is a sophisticated rules engine capable of sensing rule violations within seconds and alerting you immediately. The notification server included with the AppPerfect Agentless Monitor is capable of communicating such alerts via its Dashboard UI, email, SMS, a HTML report or any custom notification mechanism you prefer.
AppPerfect Monitors are modules within AppPerfect Monitor Server that provide support and monitor different devices. Currently, the following monitors are available:
- Java/J2EE monitor: Provides support to monitor performance metrics of Java components present in your application infrastructure.
- Server Monitor: Provides support to monitor your system resources.
- Database monitor: Provides support for most commonly used databases.
- Web Server monitor: Provides support to monitor the administrative and performance statistics for an Apache HTTP server and the Microsoft IIS server.
- SNMP monitor: Provides support for any device that provides an SNMP monitor. Network devices such as routers and switches are the most commonly monitored SNMP devices.
- Ping monitor: A monitor to automate and manage pinging of any device (machines / routers) at regular intervals to check for its availability.
- Mail Server monitor: Communication through email is the backbone of any organization's communication infrastructure. The Mailserver monitor will watch your email server for critical attributes and alert you as soon as there seems to be some pre-defined error or warning condition. Currently "Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition" is supported.
- URL monitor: A monitor to check availability of any URL. The URL monitor will fetch response for any URL at regular intervals and will validate the resonse against validations defined.